(Both copyright Alan Kingston 1960s/70s)
After the original S&D closed the sound of trains could still be heard around Shillingstone. The 10¼ inch gauge Shillingstone Light Railway continued to operate for a good few more years. The line closed in around 1975 and was sold that year. It was a classic Heywood style agricultural line and apparently paid for itself within the first year of operation (1954). It only closed because Lord Salt, the owner, died. Amazingly it once used a Beyer-Garrett style loco!
More details and pics of the line will be most appreciated! Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org